Friday, August 3, 2012

Currently-August

My very first "Currently."
I'm linking up with Oh'Boy Fourth Grade... for this month's currently.


I have olympic fever (like most of the world) and Gabby Douglas is pulling at my heartstrings! I absolutely LOVE her and everything she represents!


I seriously have found awesome deals on school supplies.
~Crayola 24 pack crayons 4 for $1 @ Toys R Us (with NO limit)
~Penny deals at Office Depot (limit 30 of each item for teachers)
and of course
~Target Dollar Spot for pocket charts, buckets, and more!


Sooooo, my "to-do" list is 2 miles long. Seriously. I kinda don't wanna talk about it. It's that bad.

I'm kind of excited to get back in my classroom, but I don't want summer to end just yet. This lounging/relaxing/not waking up until noon lifestyle really suits me.


Crate seats are ALL the rage on pinterest and I can't wait to add mine to my classroom decor! If only I could stop procrastinating and get them done. They were supposed to be done by this weekend....
that's NOT going to happen. At all. So maybe by next week.

I have been wanting a professional series camera for a few months now. I plan on using pictures of my students in several crafts throughout the year, as well as in their day to day routine (weekly jobs, Daily 5 choices, etc). I've heard great things about the Canon Ti Rebel series, but I'm also looking at a few Nikons. Any tips or thoughts, please share them with me!

So that's where I am currently....how about you?


7 comments:

  1. Isn't Gabby awesome?! :)

    I'm also procrastinating my crate seats. All the materials are sitting in my garage waiting for me to get out the staple gun. It's just to darn hot to be out there! And I'm sure that I wouldn't be able to work in peace inside. Maybe tomorrow...

    Diane
    fifthinthemiddle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I decided I want to paint a wall in my room. So, I will be getting the stuff this weekend to do that...so that means moving one whole side of the room that is already set up!

    I want to do some crate seats too and my to-do list is HUGE!!! =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower and a Texas teacher too. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made many a trip to the Target dollar spot this summer...my kiddos laughed at me when my cell phone would "fill up" and not allow me to take any more pics...they suggested I use a DSi - who knew?

    Treasures for Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you through Currently! Come check us out sometime. http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

    Your newest follower,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog as well. Love my Nikon D7000. It takes awesome "professional" photos and is very user friendly.

    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I almost cried last night when Gabby won the gold. She was amazing! I just found your blog through the linky & I'm your newest follower. I'm excited to follow along & share ideas! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you found my blog. I look forward to reading more. I'm so glad to have a kindergarten Texas friend!

    Yeehaw! Teaching in Texas

    ReplyDelete