Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Deals and Steals

 I may get some mean looks for posting this....but the infamous "Back to School" season is upon us.


I know, I know. It's still July and some of us have only been out a few weeks because we taught summer school. I'm one of them, in fact. However, now is the perfect time to start stocking up on some of the great deals and steals that we all love.

I have been frequenting many "big box" stores to begin stocking up on some essentials and a few other things that I've been eyeing. Pinterest has given me a plethora of ideas, so I've also become a DIY-er.

A few things that I have picked up so far:

Dollar Tree

These 3 dimensional shapes will come in handy during math.
Great to use for counting and when we begin our lessons on 3D shapes.
Bought 6 packages

Pop-out letters (uppercase and lowercase) and some magnetic numbers.
Can never have too many.

I plan on having 6 groups, so I bought 3 of these so that 2 groups can share.
With all the cutting and pasting in Kindergarten, the 2 we have don't do us justice.

Target
My Target has been really sllllloooowww about stocking their "Back to School" aisle, but I was
able to pick up a few things. A couple of pocket charts, some magnets, mini dry erase markers and erasers.
8 primary color cards for reference with my students and incentive stickers
and charts.

Judas ahem...Staples
These were purchased before I found out about the change in rewards. I just bought the bare minimum and
left it at that. No sense in spending ALL of my hard earned money.
Check out my post here if you haven't heard about the new policy.

These are just a few of the deals that that I've found so far. I'm sure the sales and goodies will increase as we get closer and closer the the beginning of school. Also, if you're an Office Depot teacher rewards member check out the website www.mystarteacher.com to see when your local store is hosting their "Teacher Appreciation Day". Lots of great deals then. Leave a comment to let me know where you do most of your shopping and where you find the best deals.
Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment