Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week 2013--Meet the Teacher!



It's officially "Teacher Week" in the blogging world! I'm linking up with BlogHoppin to participate.

Here are 10 things about me:


  1. I'm an only child. But, I have a TON of cousins and a very close knit family.
  2. My favorite color is purple!
  3. I am entering my 6th year of teaching! I can't believe it's been 6 years...time has really flown by. I've been at the same school for the last 6 years. I actually did my observations and student teaching at the same school, so technically, I've been there 7 years.
  4. I'm a book nerd! If it has words, then I'm reading it.
  5. I enjoy taking road trips. Locally. If I can get there in less than 6 hours, then it's for me. This summer I traveled to New Orleans for "EssenceFest", Galveston, New Braunsfels, San Marcos, and a few other places.
  6. I can play the piano. I began taking lessons at the young age of 8. I used to play for a church service, but once I started college, it had to take a back seat. I'll still tickle the ivories every now and then.
  7. This is my 3rd year teaching Kindergarten. I love this age! The growth that I see from August to May is absolutely amazing!
  8. If I hadn't become a teacher, I would have become a pediatric nurse. Anything that has to do with children.
  9. My favorite book is "The Coldest Winter Ever". I could read it day in and day out. Some days I have done just that!
  10. I love music! I could spend an entire day (and night) listening to music. Some of my fav's are pictured below. However, Whitney Houston is my absolute FAVORITE!
      

So, those are a few facts about me!
Here's a description of what topics we'll be posting about during Teacher Week:

 Be sure to link up over at BlogHoppin if you plan to particiapte!

Happy Blogging!


2 comments:

  1. I too love purple :) You are the second blog I have looked at for this link up and both of you said your favorite color was purple! Fun!

    Happy Teacher Week!

    Sarah
    WishfulTeaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I absolutely LOVE purple! My bedroom is decorated in several shades of purple. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete