Friday, July 26, 2013

Wow.......

Wow...................................................................
It's been a long time since I've posted. Over 6 months.
Talk about taking a break!
I'm pretty sure "LIFE" happened and I just stopped posting.
I'm hoping to do a much better job this time around.

*Fingers Crossed*

I guess I'll do a quick recap, just to catch up on everything:

  • I'm still teaching Kindergarten! This will be my 6th year teaching and my 3rd year in Kindergarten. I absolutely love Kinder! Just to see the progress they make from August--June is amazing! Plus they are hilarious.
  • My 2012-2013 school year was wonderful. NO behavior issues at all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the upcoming year as well. Hopefully no students come in with a BIP (Behavior Intervention Plans).
  • This summer I was named "Co-Lead" of our Kindergarten team. Basically, we have 2 leads per grade level. We have a "team lead" for Regular Ed teachers and a lead for Bilingual teachers. We work together to share ideas and plans throughout the year. I'm excited and scared all at the same time.
  • Speaking of teams...I adored my Kinder teammates this year!!! We had each others back, supported one another, shared ideas and most importantly created a safe and wonderful environment for our students. Out of 10 teammates, 5 have transferred and resigned to teach at different schools. I'm really gonna miss them. 
  • Speaking of transferring and resigning (see what I did there?), our school had over 20+ teachers transfer to other schools in the district or resign all together to continue their career in a different district. Even one of our Asst. Principals resigned. 20+ people left ONE school. Let that sink in for a minute............... So. I'm extremely interested to see how this year will turn out.
I think that's pretty much it for now. I plan to participate in a few upcoming linky parties, so that I can get back into posting on a regular basis. 
I have kept up with reading all of my favorite blogs. I've seen so many great ideas that I can implement in my classroom.
I also purchased my very first "Erin Condren" teacher planner, so be on the look out for my review once it comes in.

I *do* plan on posting and updating my blog more often, definitely not every 6 months. With that being said, Happy Blogging and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment